I swear, I'm going to be kick started into labor after this weekend.
1) we bought a new car
2) we just signed a counter offer on our house.
YES... WE GOT AN OFFER ON OUR HOUSE!
However, she asked nearly $10k less than our asking price, as well as asked for $7500 for closing costs. Yikes. It'd be a different story if our house was a $300,000 house... but unfortunately it is nowhere near that so the amount she's asking is A LOT off our bottom line. We countered and if she accepts it we'll pretty much walk away making zero, zilch on this house. BUT... the market is so bad we'd be happy to do that, as we really want to be able to buy into this market... to get a larger home for less and stay in it for awhile and once the market turns around (hopefully eventually...) we'll make a decent profit.
Another little glitch.... the closing is on or before June 2nd. And its immediate possession for her or we pay her rent. Meaning... I'm having a baby like, oh... in 3 or 4 weeks ALONG WITH possibly closing on a house, trying to find a new home to buy, getting that all settled, packing and moving. HOLY EFFING HELL!
I'm freaking out. I'm totally losing my mind thinking... OMG not only is all that happening at once but what if we can't find a house. What if something goes wrong with our financing. What if my position at the school gets cut next year and I have no job? What about me not working this summer... how will a new house and a larger payment fit into that?
Anyhow... I'm not really holding my breath on her accepting our offer. And honestly, I might just be ok if she doesn't as this is the absolute worst time to be closing on a house and moving. We should know something by Tuesday night, I think.