The site is called Recycle Jackson. They also have a blog called Recycling Jackson Reporter which has lot of interesting links to articles etc.
- Find a recycling site in Jackson near you. There are a lot to choose from!
- Recycling Guidelines: How to prepare your materials
- Are you a trash burner? We're guilty of burning our papers, thinking its 'better' for the environment than recycling. Not so.
- Clever ways to reuse disposable items.
And... some interesting recycling facts I found:
Recycling Facts• Recycling a ton of paper saves 17 trees, two barrels of oil (enough to run the average car for 1,260 miles), 4,100 kilowatts of energy (enough power for the average home for six months), 3.2 cubic yards of landfill space and 60 pounds of air pollution.
• If every U.S. household replaced just one roll of 1,000-sheet virgin fiber bathroom tissues with 100 percent recycled ones, it could save 373,000 trees, 1.48 million cubic feet of landfill space and 155 million gallons of water.
• Americans throw away enough aluminum to rebuild our entire commercial fleet of airplanes every three months.
• Recycling creates six times as many jobs as landfilling.
• Recycling glass instead of making it from silica sand reduces mining waste by 70 percent, water use by 50 percent and air pollution by 20 percent.
• Recycling just one aluminum can saves enough energy to operate a TV for three hours.
• The energy saved each year by steel recycling is equal to the electrical power used by 18 million homes each year — or enough energy to last Los Angeles residents for eight years.