- Paint living room (2 coats of paint)
- Paint trim in living room (still have to do around the windows)
- Do a final sanding on the hallway floor
- Condition and stain hallway floor
- Wash out veggie drawers in fridge
The color appears a little more "gold" than it really is. I was hesitant that the color might be too dark, but once I started painting I was so happy with how it looked. Its exactly what I wanted.
And the hallways. The floor is pine (in the living room and hallway. Oak throughout the rest of the house) and I wanted the living room and hallway to be a nice, deep dark walnut color. I'm nervous that it'll be too dark, though. The hallway probably isn't the best place to judge the color as there is no natural light in there. And the polyurethane hasn't been put on so it is really dull.
What do you think? Would the living room look good that dark color? (The rest of the house I'll probably either leave the floors the natural color and just poly them or do a medium chestnut color- nothing too dark at all)
(the next pictures shows the floor sanded, so it looks lighter than the pic above)
Yesterday we bought a new kitchen sink faucet and Ryan installed it. I just bought this slipcover today off eBay. We have a loveseat that was Ryan's grandmas, and I figure for the time being it'll be cheaper to just cover it rather than purchase a new loveseat. I hope this cover matches our brown chair and tan couch. I'm excited to see our living room come together.
And, of course, a few pictures of the boys.
Look how much my little guy has changed!
I've been wanting to post some "what is he up to" things about Hudson. I guess I'll do that here...
- He eats about every 3-4 hours still, and eats between 4 and 5 ounces.
- We still have a nonexistent schedule. I seriously have no clue as to when he'll be napping etc, and we're so on the go lately with working on the house, we have not attempted to create "naptimes" or "bedtime"- we just go with the flow and its working so far.
- He is doing great with falling asleep on his own. I can usually tell when he's tired- he won't eat and kind of grunts around and squirms a lot. Like he's agitated. So I just swaddle him up tight and lay him in the pack n play with his sucky and I'd say 90% of the time he will lay there and fall asleep on his own. Occasionally I have to "shh shh shh" him or pat his butt or jostle the crib, but I'm pretty proud of how well he does most of the time.
- He's been waking up about twice a night- no set times, no schedule (like I said... we're all crazy around here), but its typically every 4 hours or so at night. (like 1am and 5 am or midnight and 4am etc etc)
- He loves when Porter talks to him- if he's fussing or grunting around unhappily on the floor or in his swing, Porter will run over and snuggle up to him and talk baby talk and say "What wrong, Hudson Bessie?" He's so sweet with him. Hudson loves to watch Porter and smiles at him when Porter talks to him.
- He's a bit of a mama's boy. Ryan's been home alone with the boys twice this week while I worked on the house alone. Both times I've come home and he's said Hudson was fussy with him and even CRIED. He cried, for pete's sake. And it takes a lot to make this kiddo cry. And Ryan got ticked because I picked him up and he was a-okay.
- He's just outgrown some of his newborn clothes. He still has a few one-pieces he can wear though. I'm sure in a week he'll be out of those. He wears 0-3 month clothes. Size 1 diapers.