Let me outline some things he does. Mind you... some of these things were found to be "humorous" the first time or two it happened. And mind you... he was disciplined for his wrongdoings but yet continues to do them.
- "Laying" his brother down. He is constantly laying his brother down on his back. Sounds stupid, I know... but Hudson will be happily playing, crawling, sitting etc... and Porter grabs ahold of him and lays him down... he does it gently but sometimes manages to bonk his head and in general, pisses Hudson off. He's been told time and time and time again not to. He's been put in time out. He's been spanked. He's been "layed down" like he does to Hudson, and when he sits up, put back down on his back again. The look on his face was so confused... And I explained to him that that's how Hudson felt... that if Hudson could talk he probably would tell him not to do that (because Porter said "I don't want you to do that to me again")
- The sink. The God-forsaken flippin sink. I can't tell you how many rolls of toilet paper we've gone through because Porter thinks he either a) needs to clean the sink b) needs to throw soggy wads of toilet paper around or c) needs to load up the toilet with the entire roll of toilet paper. He goes to the bathroom on his own. Sometimes he brushes his teeth on his own. I don't always have time to follow him to the bathroom to make sure he's "only" going potty. And there are plenty of times he wander to a different level of the house than I'm on and gets into trouble.
- The cats. Ella is too damn laid back to be mean back to Porter... he lays on her, squishes her stomach, pushes her off things just for the hell of it. He gets consequences... either a time out or sent to his room. Or sometimes spanked. I hate spanking but I just don't know what else to do!
- Messing with things that aren't his. I found my new point and shoot on the livingroom floor. With multiple video clips recorded from Porter. Aparrently he hauled it around the house trying to take pictures. I had a talk with him... asked him if he was supposed to play with my new camera (because when I got it I stressed to him that he could NOT play with that camera)... he told me "No... I can't play with it." But obviously he didn't care enough to listen to the rules when he decided to pick up the camera and galavant around the house with it. I took away his Automoblox for a day as a punishment.
- Along the lines of messing with things... we were upstairs today putting away the 50 baskets of laundry and I had the baby gate up at the top of the stairs. It is one of those pressure mounted ones... I know, not the best for the top of the gate but we rarely hang out upstairs and its fine for keeping Hudson from tumbling. Anyhow, I had to run downstairs to grab another basket of laundry and swap the stuff in the washer. So, I left the boys upstairs playing in Porter's room. I literally took stuff out of the dryer, threw it on the couch in the basement, and put the stuff from the washer into the dryer. And then I heard Porter walking down the basement stairs. Which meant only one thing... the gate was no longer up at the top of the stairs to the 2nd floor. I flew up the basement stairs, flew up the stairs to the 2nd floor and luckily Hudson was still playing in P's room... but oh my god I can't imagine how terribly hurt he would have been if he had tumbled down the hardwood steps. This was the last straw for me. I was so angry that Porter took it into his own hands to move the gate. I asked him why I put the gate up to which he said "I don't know..." I explained that its there to keep Hudson safe so he doesn't fall down the stairs and get hurt. That Hudson is just a baby and he can't walk up and down the stairs like Porter and that if he (Porter) needed to get down the stairs he needs to ASK mommy or daddy to take it down... he is a little boy and little boys are NOT allowed to move the gates. And what does he do? He turns the story "One time I pushed Rory on the stairs and I fell and I bonked MY head...." WHAT???? What the hell am I doing wrong? What the hell is wrong with my kid?????