Anyhow, here's what Denise said (I hope you don't mind me sharing this part of your blog!):
I've been doing a lot of thinking lately and a lot of soul searching (especially after reading Eat Pray Love, but that is another post) and I feel like the fog I have been living in for the past two years is finally starting to lift. I am seeing more clearly and I've come to a few realizations. A few that have hit hard & hit home...
So true, Denise. So true.
- I've realized that life can be as happy as you make it if you are willing to work for it.
- I've realized that family relationships will probably never be easy but are worth it. Always.
- I've realized that it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks of me. As long as I am happy that is all that matters (this took a really, really, really LONG time to finally sink in - finally it did)
- I've realized that sometimes old friends can't look past who you used to be and see who you are now and with that being said, I have also realized that true friends don't care what we look like or judge us for our thoughts/opinions, etc...they love us no matter what.
- I've realized that every single thing that happens in life really does lead you where you are supposed to be even if we can't see it at the moment.
- I've realized that children grow too fast.