How in the world has it been a month already since Miss Amelia made her entrance into our lives? In a sense it seems like so long ago... that she's been here forever, but mostly it feels like I blinked and all of a sudden a month passed. Its amazing how time does that. I've been thinking of that quote lately....
Isn't it the truth? You blink and a year has gone by. How does that happen?
So Miss Amelia at 1 Month:
- JUST grew out of newborn diapers
- Is wearing newborn, 0-3 and SOME 3 month clothes
- Eats every 3 hours or so (but occasionally every 2, and sometimes sleeps longer and goes 4 or 5 hours)
- Is eating between 2-4 ounces/feeding. Usually right around 3.
- Has definite fussy times during the day, typically in the evening.
- Is very fussy when she needs to burp, and likewise will stop eating when she has to burp
- She is a pretty good sleeper- she isn't too hard to get to sleep
- Loves to be held and talked to
- I'm pretty sure she has smiled an 'on purpose' smile at Ryan the other day. She does the random smiles a lot, but there have been a few times he's talked to her and she grins.
- Her eyes appear much more brownish than the deep grey that newborns typically have. I am crossing my fingers she has dark hair/eyes like her daddy!
- In the past week she has been staying awake a lot more often. This makes me so sad. This means she is no longer in that sleepy newborn stage. And even though I got some great shots of her the week or two after she came home, I'm sad that I probably won't get anymore curly, fresh from the oven newborn pictures of her.