I'm finding it so hard for me to keep up with this blog.... to write daily--- or every other day at least-- and to document the everyday, the mundane, the small things. I just can't seem to carve out time for it. Which means I have my priorities in other places. I've been using FB quite a bit and I think I need to scale back and use my blog for those one liners instead. Since I've been neglecting the daily little updates, that leaves me here, writing a post of bullets. Our life lately has been:
- Last week Ryan was really sick. Achy sick... sore throat... tired. From Saturday (2 Saturdays ago) until about a week ago, he was down for the count. It made for a long weekend for me.... One thing that I dislike about being home ALL day is that once Ry is home, and on the weekend, I'm dying for a break. Anyhow--- back to his sickness. He went to the doctor last Monday and then finally heard back from them last Thursday that he had Strep C- which is a pretty uncommon form of Strep. I swear he is the sickest guy I know. Always something...
- I've been terrible at holiday decorating this year. We JUST got the Halloween stuff out yesterday- and will be packing up next week. Oh well... at least its out for a week, right?
- This evening we took the boys to a local resale shop and they picked out their costumes. Porter has been insistant on being Ironman. Last week i asked him to make a list of 5 costumes he would want to be and if I found one for sale/cheap I'd know he'd be happy with it. He brings me his list: 1. Ironman 2. Ironman 3. Ironman 4. Ironman 5. Ironman. Safe to say he really wanted to be Ironman! Well, we got to the resale place and he found a policeman costume that had a GUN!!! And he was sold. Bonus that they had the same suit in Hudson's size as well. It's really cute- and very well made. They'll be super cute for sure!
- This year I'm attempting to be more involved at the boys' schools. I figure if I'm home, even though I'm still caring for Amelia and "attempting" to work on photography stuff, I should try to squeeze in some volunteering. I signed up for the PTO and went to the first meeting tonight. I'm excited to get to know some of the moms and to be more active at the schools. I know the boys will enjoy it- Porter is already asking me what I'll be helping with at his school.
- My mom is coming into town tomorrow, which means the next week will fly by for sure. We have a jam packed weekend, too.... Porter has a Halloween Party on Saturday, then in the evening we have my grandma's 70th b-day, Sunday we're celebrating my grandma's b-day with the kids (no kids Sat night), and then a Halloween/Fall Fun Night with some friends- including a hay ride! I'm super excited... it's going to be a great weekend!